April 12, 2010

Day11 for Mel

Sunday Our Anniversary

Sundays are really laid back for us anyways and being that it's a no gym day we also use it as a free day. (meaning we can splurge food wise if we have been craving something)

Breakfast;
I skipped breakfast (I know, I know don't yell). Normally I wouldn't do this but we didn't wake up until 8:30 and I was still full from Saturday night.

Lunch;
I had left over spaghetti. It's always better the second day, and did I mention we made meatballs!

Snack;
My fabulous husband made Peanut Butter/Oatmeal softies from the 1-2-3 book. Wow these are by far the best pb cookies I have ever eaten. The recipe makes 6 gigantic cookies. They were sweet, peanut buttery and filling because of the oatmeal. I can't remember exactly the NFs and my book is outside in my truck. I would normally go get it but with the wind I might get blown away. Trust me it wasn't that much.

Dinner;
We love to cook out and since we weren't able to go to dinner to celebrate (child care issues) we grilled out like we love to do. We made chicken breast, and chicken quarters. For a side veggie we had green beans. (no butter, no salt). I only tasted a piece of the hubby's chicken quarters b/c I don't care for dark meat.

Late night snack;
So here is my second no no for the weekend. For some odd reason about 22:20 I started craving chicken noodle soup like it was the last food item on earth. (random I know) and since we didn't have any the husband went to find the next best thing. He surprised me with a ham and cheese grilled sandwich. It tasted just like a low fat ham and cheese lean pocket. He made it with 2 pieces of Sara Lee protein bread, 2 slices of ham and a whole wedge of skinny cow. He sprayed the bread and pan with cooking spray to grill it. It's not in the HG book but it should definitely be. I will be making that on the regular.


No comments:

Post a Comment