April 1, 2010

Day 1 for Vee!

I woke up this morning REALLY excited to start the new diet and start cooking my way through Hungry Girl! I actually started my "tracking" on SparkPeople last night as I had a little snack after midnight (I know, I know), so I was even more excited to add to it and start my journey. We also set up our Wii Fit Plus last night! We have been talking about getting one since we got the Wii in September but didn't really have the room to stand up and play games. Now that we do, we set it up and I began Hula Hooping, OMG it kicked my butt, its apparent that I am WAY OUT OF SHAPE!!

Breakfast

So this morning, I decided to make the cinnamon-vanilla french toast nuggets for breakfast.


This comes from the Hungry Girl Chew The Right Thing recipe book! These are actually made out of hot dog buns, which I found quite interesting.

With my french toast, I dipped it into some sugar free syrup. They were actually pretty good. Not your average french toast but I was surprised at how normal the sugar free syrup tasted. I also loves the vanilla hint of it! 8 nuggets is 151 calories, not too bad!

Lunch
I actually skipped lunch today. I know, that's bad for me by I hadn't gone to the grocery store yet and my husband had to go to urgent care. It's only day one!

Dinner
I wanted to make something that maybe the hubby would like. I think its nice of him to do this with me. He is usually an extremely picky eater.

*picture courtesy of hungry-girl.com*


I went ahead and went with the "Totally Terrific Tuna Melt", which is in the Hungry Girl 1-2-3 recipe book! I took a picture of the ones I made but for some reason my memory card didn't save the picture ):

Anyways, as I started to make them, I didn't think my husband would like it. It has Dijonnaise in it, which has a hint of mustard and he HATES mustard, but it actually turned out to be opposite. He liked it and I didn't really care for it. The only thing I didn't like was the Dijonnaise, the after taste had sort of a zing to it, kind of like horse radish, bleh, so I only ate one half of my english muffin filled Tuna Melt.

Along with that, we had some fresh mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with some ranch dipping sauce.

I think day one went really well! We went to the grocery store and got some groceries to go along with some recipes I picked out for the next few days as well as some little snack foods, fruits and vegetables!

Tonight, I am going to start my personal trainer on my Wii, I am sure it will kick my butt! Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. OMG my mom always makes tuna melts, minus the tomato and with regular mayo. haha. but of course i eat like two of them so its prob not all that healthy.

    ReplyDelete