April 18, 2010

Day 16 for Mel

Friday!!
Oh TGIF has never been more true. This week was especially long. I was sick yesterday which really made it drag on longer.

Breakfast;
English muffin (whole) with a teaspoon of sugar free preserves. I never knew that sugar free jelly/jam was so good and get this.. Only 10 calories per TBSP. A few hours later I had about 1/3c of pineapple.

Lunch;
I skipped lunch today. It was something noodly and creamy which is sure to be not good for you. (Unless of course it's from HG :))

Snack;
After work I had a small bowl of "Upside down pineapple crush" from last night and some raisins.

Gym; I skipped the gym today b/c we had a day trip planned for Saturday morning. We were having someone coming to sit the house/dog so I needed to get floors done and such. It really sucked cause Friday nights are my second Zumba class. It happens sometimes so I try not to dwell on it. I just know that I won't be missing any days this week if it kills me :)

Dinner;
I feel like each entry is the same "ooh I love this it's amazing" but it's been so true. I know that healthy eating can be tasty but I've never been so consistently impressed with recipes. So sorry if it's getting to be redundant but I'm pleased. I made "Fiesta bites" from the 1-2-3 book. It's basically a mixture similar to what goes into the taquitos but also has cream cheese (ff of course), rice, black beans, and taco sauce. They are wrapped in a crispy wonton wrapper. Okay, now you see why I'm so loving this book! Basically you mold the wonton wraps into a muffin pan crisp them a bit (sprayed with cooking spray) in the oven and add the mixture, then bake again to heat it all and continue to make the wraps crunchy and crispy. I've always been a fan of crab wontons from PF Changs so I was being kinda skeptical at first to the crispiness of these babies. Let me tell you they stood the test and kicked ass! (sorry for the language, it was necessary). I will be making these all the time. I'm going to explore new filling for them as well. Maybe I'll try to do my own cream cheese, crab mixture. Yum!
NF (1 "bite"); Fat .5g, Calories 55

1. Would I make these again? Heck yes! Everyday if I could.
2. Would I change/alter anything? I would def double the recipe and I did add more of the dry taco seasoning as well as twice the amount of taco sauce it called for. I used Taco Bell sauce which we keep in the fridge when they give us to much cause it's so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment